Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Hide / Remove Page Title From Homepage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Steam_Donkey
    Participant

I realize by not adding a page name/title, the title will not appear on the homepage, but what about the empty space? How can I get ride of the empty space where the title would be, in order to move the page content higher above the fold?

Hi @steam_donkey

Not adding a title to the page is not good for SEO. You can add it back and if you want the title to be hidden, below your Page/Post Editor, you should see ‘General Options’ (Page Config Tab) and the first option is ‘Display Title’. Please set it to ‘Disable’ and you should be all set.

Please try it and send us a feedback.

Thanks!

Steam_Donkey
    Participant

OK, so this is weird. For some reason those tabs are not working. The tabs appear on all pages in the admin, but they are empty.

Steam_Donkey
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Steam_Donkey
    Participant

Ah ha, so, it’s an https issue? I think. Here’s what I did, and what I discovered.

I’m using WPEngine. I copied the site from live to staging, went into staging, and deactivated 90% of the plugins. Not only did those tabs work, but the VC UI in the backened wasn’t working before either, but was now working on the staging site. So, I started activating the plugins one by one to see which one caused the issue, then, after activating all of them, the tabs AND the VC backed still worked. So, I then copied from staging to live, but then on the live site, the tabs and the VC backend were not working.. I could have figured this out right away had I checked to see if everything was working properly on the staging site, but I instantly just started the plugin sweep.

So, for some reason, with https, the page config tabs, and backend VC do not work for me. Any ideas?

The page title removal worked when I copied from staging to live. So…. the main fix for now is to copy from live staging, make the changes I want to make from the tabs and backend VC,, then copy back over. Would love to be able to just use/edit the settings in those tabs and VC on the live site.

Let me know what you think.

Glad to know you were able to narrow down the cause of the issue @steam_donkey

Can you please try to install SSL Insecure Content Fixer, clear your server cache and check if that fixes that issue?

Thanks!

Steam_Donkey
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @steam_donkey,

What browser are you using? I used Firefox and checked your pages and the tabs work without any issue. Can you please retry as it is possibly just browser issue. Try to use another browser and/or clear your browser cache.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.