Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Hierachic (nested) Categories not supported in "recent posts" ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Dan Schroeder
    Participant

Hey there,

i took me a lot of time and nerves to find out (im 95% sure) that “recent posts” is not showing content of nested categories. My article categories are hierarchic like:

1) fruits
    1a) banana
    1b) apple

whenever i tell “recent posts” to just show articles from the “apple” category it doesnt show anything!
    if in the article the categories “fruits” and “apple” are selected it will only get shown whenever i select “fruits” (the top level category) in recent posts.

If this is really a bug i will have to recategorize a lot of articles…
    Can you guys reproduce this?

Thanks in andvance for your help!

Dan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

I’ll test this out and let you know.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

This worked for me, I chose only a sub-category and it displays the recent posts fine? Are you using the latest version of DynamiX?

Dan Schroeder
    Participant

Hi Andy,
    i’m using Version 3.0 at the moment. Whenever i select only the sub category there is no output at all. Tested it with three different sub categories that have asigned a lot of articles each. I think i’ll have to work around just using main categories since i can’t find the cause of this behaviour… i first thought that it had to do with the conversion from the old snippet tags to the visual composer, but i couldn’t reproduce this either. Btw: is there still a documentation of the old recent posts snippet online, so i can maybe test this again? i cant find it anymore…

if you have any other ideas what might cause this, please let me know 😉
    Thanks,

Dan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

It maybe worth upgrading to 3.0.4, a lot has changed since then. The other thing to check is the “slug” matches the category name i.e.

My Category = my-category

Dan Schroeder
    Participant

Hi Andy,

that was it! the coincidence was that only the slugs of the sub categories differed from the category names of those categories (space in the name but not in the slug). hmmmpf!

Thank you very much for your help!

Since i have to upgrade the wordpress version soon, switching to 3.0.4 might be what i’m doing soon too.

Dan

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome Dan, I’m glad it’s sorted!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.