Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Home Page Recent Posts doesn't display excerpts using Visual Composer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Steve Martin
    Participant

I have noticed a strange occurrence, if we publish our Blog Posts using the Classic Editor we are able to see on the Home page a nice excerpt of our blog including images. However if we publish a Blog Post using Visual Composer and publish all we see on the home page is the title of the post and no excerpt or images.

Please could you help, i can reveal the url of our website under separate cover to maintain privacy.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

Please navigate to Settings > Excerpt and untick Strip shortcodes. This should now display the Visual Composer shortcodes instead of stripping them out.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christiaan Kramer
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I have the same problem. I also unchecked ‘strip shortcodes’ and now it does show an excerpt. But there’s at the left side of the excerpt a big white space in the column. How can I fix this?
    This is the url of the news page: http://www.kramerbedrijfsrecht.nl/nieuws/

Dirma

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure why this is happening, please set your reply to private and provide your URL/login details so I can take a further look for you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christiaan Kramer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Please set your reply to private and provide your login details so I can take a further look for you.

Christiaan Kramer
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Took a quick look at your site and within the excerpt settings we selected not to show all of the markup and chose to ignore divs as you have columns within your posts. This has now solved the issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Christiaan Kramer
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.