Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Home Page Suddenly Changed with updates

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

I’ve been working on this off and on today, then had some updates show up this evening, so updated everything (I already had updated the theme and WP, prior to this – it was only some of my plugins, I think). After I’d updated, the home page had changed.
    The top slider disappeared. Poof! It’s gone. And suddenly I had a sidebar on my home page. I tried going back to previous edits of my home page, but it didn’t help. All I could figure to do do was manually insert a new slider and change the page layout. This seems to be helping, though my home page still lost a little bit of it’s layout. I can fix it, it’s just odd, and I figured it must be indicative of something going on.

Thanks,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

What were you upgrading? The theme or WordPress? Was your slider a 3rd party plugin?

What problems are you experiencing now?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

It just a few plugins, I think. Everything else should have been up to date, unless there was an update of the theme yesterday. Then I would have done that as well. I didn’t catch it at first, because I was simply doing some editing without checking the site. So I can’t be sure of what might have triggered it. But it was fine earlier in the day.

The slider that disappeared is the default one at the top of the home page. I’d changed what it displayed is all. It simply disappeared, and all of a sudden I had a sidebar. Like I mentioned earlier, I couldn’t go to previous edits to fix it. It’s just gone… And I can’t figure out a way to bring it back. All I can do is make another one, but it doesn’t quite sit in the page the same way (below the social icon, for instance).

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Hi guys,

I don’t know that this is related, but I just noticed that my Slide Set Manager is completely different now. I have no clue how to make it work or change it anymore. The means of choosing an image and including it is simply gone. It’s very confusing now.

Regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

It sounds like your browser is caching. I would recommend resetting your browsers cache and then testing the settings above again.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Cache would make something disappear from my home page and make a sidebar suddenly appear? I’m using three browsers to check things too, and all three were the same. I went erased the cache just now. No change.

And the slide set manager is completely baffling to me now. It’s a totally different animal than what I was working with before. Is nobody else experiencing this? Or is my inexperience telling on me? Here’s what I have for the slideset_demo now – http://clip2net.com/s/5vUJkV.

Kind regards,
    Joe

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Can you post your WP login details please, this looks like the theme hasn’t even uploaded correctly, it maybe worth trying to upload it again, if that doesn’t work, post your details and I’ll take a look for you.

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Joe
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the login details, the plugin “Ads by datafeedr.com” is what is causing the issue – unfortunately it’s not showing any errors at all, however, as you can see, I’ve de-activated it and it works fine now.

Joe
    Participant

Yeah, slider is good now. Thanks Andy!

The changes that happened to the home page didn’t revert back though. Any idea what happened to the slider that was originally part of the home page? Or why the sidebar showed up suddenly? I can work without it, but would prefer things are running correctly so I don’t get a surprise later on. Not a huge deal, but if there’s something I can do, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks again Andy.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe
    Participant

Andy,

As a followup – it appears that my ability to edit the slides is hampered by Datafeedr, but not any other operation of the site itself, correct? The reason I ask is because I rely heavily on Datafeedr for my advertising. It’s a great tool, and currently holds all my banners. Do you see anything wrong with deactivating datafeedr when I need to edit a slider, then reactivating it when I’m finished so that my ads work? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

EDIT – Oh, that won’t work. This really stinks. Part of what I’m doing is placing ads in the slider. I can’t get them from datafeedr to the slider if I have to shut one off in order to use the other. sigh…. 🙁

Regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

The plugin must have been stopping many features that now work now that it has been de-activated. As long as you don’t activate it again you should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Hi Tom,

The features on the home page never returned. That’s fine if something happened with the upgrades. So many things upgraded this last several days that I couldn’t guess what’s what.

Unfortunately, as I pointed out in my edit of my last post, datafeedr is very important to my operation. It is my central ad center and keeps things sorted and available for placing ads on the site. I’m in a bit of a pickle here with this conflict. And I can’t even use the slider for ads now, because I need both on in order for it to work.

Thanks,
    Joe

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.