Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Home pic at top seems to have light gray overlay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • ricmagic
    Participant

My home page top pic looks greyed out. I clipped the pic to remove the background and filled with white, but on uploading it still grays over. How can I get rid of this? (I’m using the orange constructions demo data if that matters).

Hi @ricmagic

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we could personally test and check on this further from our end?

Regards,

ricmagic
    Participant

Hi

You emailed me a request for log in credentials but your email was from a no-reply address. How do you want me to send you the login details?

Hi @ricmagic

You can paste the credentials here and just set your reply as ‘Private’.

Regards,

ricmagic
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @ricmagic

You actually had the Overlay Color enabled under Row Settings > Background Extras > Overlay Color

To remove it, just click the color and click on ‘Clear’. Anyway, the current overlay color actually helps the text pop because without it, the white text will blend into the image.

Please try it.

Regards,

ricmagic
    Participant

Thanks, that worked.
    I agree about the text contrast but the overlay also covered the image and made the clients face grey and unattractive. The client is the product so it’s far more important to get them looking great than to pop the text. However I was able to grey up the pic where the text ran over it and so regain some contrast.

Glad to know you were able to work around it, @ricmagic

Please don’t hesitate to contact us back if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.