Home / Forums / ePix Support / Homepage image issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • JonnyAustenMM
    Participant

Hi!

Having 2 issues with the homepage image with ePix! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the site: http://marvelbooths.co.uk/wordpress/

Firstly, I would like to make the ‘PHOTOS’ image a bit shorter height wise, so you can see the “Our Photo Booths…” line. The size doesn’t quite line up between various browsers either, I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Secondly – it hasn’t resized at all on the mobile version of the site. You can only see the OT in Photos haha.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Because you’re using Parallax, it has to resize the image big enough so that the effect of scrolling down works.

You have a couple of options, you can edit the image to have blank space at the bottom, this will push the image up and hopefully resolve it. Or, disable the parallax effect.

Given, you want it full displayed on the mobile, I think you’ll need to disable the parallax – see if it works with adding extra space at the bottom of the image first.

JonnyAustenMM
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the response!

Regrettably I don’t know how to do either of those – do you know how would I disable the parallax effect?

John

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi John,

You can disable the parallax effect by editing the Row ( pencil icon ) > Background Extras > Parallax > Disable.

I hope that helps?

JonnyAustenMM
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Regretfully that hasn’t made any difference to either the homepage or the mobile site, all it’s done is move the image off centre. The ePix template preview on themeforest isn’t working on my mobile either.

The site I set up in wordpress a few months ago just sorted the image out automatically, so I’m totally out of ideas here. My site is live now so really do need some help if you have any ideas.

John

JonnyAustenMM
    Participant

Any thoughts? Or does it just not work on mobiles?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It’s because the screen size switches from landscape for desktop and portrait for mobile. The image is in landscape mode and when in mobile it will cut the edges off to retain the image ratio.

The only way to achieve this is to disable Parallax and then set the Image background size to “Contain” ( via Row > Design Options ). This will always show the full image regardless. But it may show gaps depending on the device.

The best method would be to have the wood effect as the background image and the “photos” part of the image as a single image within the row.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.