Home / Forums / You Theme Support / How can I change the Heading Title of Blog Page?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • cnetplanet
    Participant

You can’t just compare apples with oranges – Enfold is a completely different theme and it has it’s own in-built content builder – so it doesn’t have and recommend using third party builders like Visual Composer.

Instead of looking comparing at other themes, you might want to focus on fixing issues within your own theme.

I have provided you the main login details for the BlueHost hosting – You have access to full cPanel and everything one would need to have full access to every aspect.

Let me know if you have any specific queries for BlueHost team?

FYI – One of my clients has ReHub theme based website on BlueHost and ReHub also uses Visual Composer – and it’s working fine without any issues.

Hi @cnetplanet

We had to switch theme to compare and isolate the issue.

Switching to Enfold was to prove that the issue with the Post Grid and Post Masonry Grid not loading is not with the YOU theme at all.

The same issue eve happens when you try to use Twenty Seventeen, which is a very lightweight theme and does not have it own built-in builder (for the sake of comparison).

There is something wrong with the server/installation/Visual Composer that is causing the issue and our hands are tied on this one. The best option would be to check the server logs as that normally shows what’s happening when the grid is loaded.

As mentioned, I am not familiar with Bluehost’s setup, so please coordinate with them to point us where the server’s error logs are so we can check what’s happening on the server. We are trying our best to help you identify the issue and we hope you cooperate with us so we can pinpoint the cause faster.

Thanks!

cnetplanet
    Participant

I am not going to argue about other themes anymore.

This will help you to find the Error Logs on Bluehost cPanel.

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/562

My client is on a shared plan so this is applicable to them “You can login to cPanel and click the Error Log icon. This contains the last 300 Apache errors triggered by your website.”

And,

I would like to speak to someone over the phone who has got some sort of authority – I want to know who will be authorised to approve and deal with in regards to sending you guys an invoice for the time I am spending almost every single day explaining almost same thing again and again. And I am still not getting any solution.

Hi @cnetplanet

The error logs helped a lot and the grid should now work as seen here: http://tudorhouseconsulting.com/?page_id=432&preview=true

Please check and confirm from your end.

Regards,

cnetplanet
    Participant

Yes, grid is working now at my end. ( Can you please let me know what was wrong?)

BUT

Blog Page is again showing a different page title? This error was fixed earlier but now it’s back again.

Can you please fix this ASAP and also let me know what’s causing this and how can I fix this on my own in the future? I am guessing it will keep happening in the future?

AND

Why did you guys change the settings for Front Page Display? I had originally set it as Static Home Page and Blog page for posts, but it homepage was set to Blog Posts? any reason?

DID YOU READ MY MESSAGE ABOUT PROVIDING CONTACT DETAILS FOR SOMEONE I CAN TALK TO FOR SENDING YOU GUYS AN INVOICE?

Hi @cnetplanet

I had to reinstall Visual Composer because the logs should a missing file/shiortcode from it that’s causing the issue.

The issue with the blog page reverted because you set the Blog page as the “Posts” page. With this setup, it bypassed any setting made on the blog page. Please update ‘Posts page’ from http://tudorhouseconsulting.com/wp-admin/options-reading.php and just set it to —Select— and that should fix the issue again.

The developer of the theme does not have a direct contact detail but I have forwarded your concern to him.

Regards,

cnetplanet
    Participant

Did you even have a look at the website?

It’s a business website and I want it to have a static “Home” page. That was the reason I have set “Home Page” as Static page and “Blog Page” as for posts.

If I follow your advise to change http://tudorhouseconsulting.com/wp-admin/options-reading.php and just set it to —Select— then it creates Blog Page as a home page – Which doesn’t make any sense? does it?

Scroll back and read previous message in this conversation and you will notice that this was an error and it was fixed earlier – not sure why it can’t be fixed now.

Any updates from the developer? By what time I can expect to hear back from the developer?

Hi @cnetplanet

I think you misread/misunderstood my last reply.

There is no need to touch the ‘Front Page’ set at http://tudorhouseconsulting.com/wp-admin/options-reading.php

You only need to touch Posts Page to —Select— and leave ‘Front Page’ as is set as ‘Home’ as the Static Page.

That’s how I have set it up now and the homepage works as expected and so as the blog page.

Please check and confirm from your end.

Thanks!

cnetplanet
    Participant

Thanks for the help.

ANY UPDATES FROM THE DEVELOPER?

What name and contact details should I use Invoice? Technically, ACODA sold the theme, so should I send an invoice in the name of ACODA?

Looking forward to hearing back!

Hi @cnetplanet

I have made another followup with the developer. I’ll get back to you once I have an update.

Regards,

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi @cnetplanet,

Andy the developer here.

I’m looking through all your posts and I’m trying to understand why you’re wanting to invoice me? We have helped with you every issue you have experienced, including ones that are outside of the scope of Theme support.

Whilst I completely understand it can be time consuming building a website, learning a new Theme and then having a few difficulties with plugins, I can assure you, the amount of time you’ve spent, is a tiny fraction of what it takes to build a Theme / Website from scratch and that’s the trade off for the price you have paid for the Theme.

As my support staff have pointed out, the issues you experienced happened with another Theme too. Something we would love to pass the blame off onto the plugin, but instead we have tried to assist you in resolving it.

The above factors should be priced into the cost you’re charging your client. I’d love to charge all my customers for each update, development, cost of support staff, server costs, marketing, piracy prevention and the initial 1000’s of hours that went into developing the theme – unfortunately that’s not how it works.

Whilst I can’t pay any invoice you supply, you can rest assured we’ll be here to happily help with any future support and provide free updates and development to the theme.

Kind regards,
    Andy

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.