Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How can I use Adsense in the slider?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

I’ve been trying to figure this out, but to no avail. I have a slider configured to run ads. Most of them are simply banner ads, so I can just put the image and link in without issue. But I’d like some of them to be googleads. Is there a way to put the adsense code into the slider?
    Thanks!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I think you might be able to add Google ads in with the Revolution slider but I am not 100% sure. As I do not have an Adsense account, could you copy and paste an ads code into a .txt file and upload it so I can get the code to test it out please?

It would be worth you trying the following though. Create a rev slider > Add slide > Edit slide > Add layer > In the HTML box, paste your code > Test and preview.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,
    I’ve not grasped how the Revolution slider and Slide Set Manager work together yet. I can make slidesets in the Manager and get it to do what I want. But I’ve pretty much not touched the Revolution Slider yet.
    I don’t see a way to attache a file here? Here’s a clip of it for now though. http://clip2net.com/s/5wFyWa

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Rev slider and Slide set manager are two different things. Revolution slider is a separate plugin and is very powerful. Take a look at the documentation here for more information.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom.
    I was trying to add the adsense code to the slideset manager. If you check out allaboutchile.com, you’ll see that the second slider down has ads. I’ve tried different combos, but can’t seem to figure out what works consistently for adsense here. Although, I do get something to show up once in a while. But it disappears as soon as I do anything else to edit the slider. The images work great. Adsense is just too different I guess. Any ideas?
    I’ll study the Revolution Slier too, thanks for the documentation. It’ll have to wait a bit though, since I have so much content to focus on regarding this site. Of course, adsense might help keep me going, but I don’t want to just put in ad boxes.
    You didn’t mention how to upload the .txt file. Does the clip work good enough?
    Thanks again,
    Joe

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

The code may not like being placed within jQuery ( the slider scripts ), one thing you could try creating a new post, creating a RAW HTML element via the Visual Composer, placing the adsene code into it, switch to classic editor and copy the RAW HTML shortcode ( only ) and paste it into the Slide Set Manager description.

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Andy!
    That seems to be working.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.