Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How do you add Comments to Pages?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Scott C
    Participant

Googling i see references to adding comments_template() to single.php, but i'm trying to only use the child theme so that i can update easily, and the child theme doesn't have a single.php.

Please advise, thanks!

Rich
    Participant

Copy the single.php from the main Dynamix theme into the Dynamix Child theme and then edit. If you enable comments in the WP settings they will show up just fine – no need to add them to any templates.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

Rich is right, the single.php is for posts and that's controlled by the WP admin, or do you mean main pages? 

Scott C
    Participant

Thanks Guys for your time!

I've got a page for every service on my site, i'm trying to save posts for my blog. However, i'm trying to get comment support on both posts and pages.

Here's the instructions i found online: "IntenseDebate swaps the contents of the comments_template() function in the single.php file in your theme. If you copy the contents of that file and then add that into the page.php file in your template, that will add ID to your pages."

Do they mean that i should copy the entire contents from single.php to the bottom of page.php in order to get comments on my pages?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

If you want to enable comments on the pages, edit DynamiX/page.php and look for this line

<?php // comments_template(); // Enable this line for comments on pages ?> 

remove the // after <?php so it becomes the following. 

<?php comments_template(); // Enable this line for comments on pages ?> 

Scott C
    Participant

Wow thanks Andy. I was looking everywhere, i'm surprised i didn't stumble across those lines.

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.