Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to center the background image?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

In the customization, there is a place to add a background image. It seems that this image is attached to the right of the page. Please tell me how to make the image centered instead. Thank you! (I have searched for this, but because the background image seems to be a new addition in the customization module, I was not able to find a suitable answer.)

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

When setting a background image, you can select if you wan it fullscreen or positioned. If you set it positioned, you can set exactly where you want it to be. Is this what you are referring to?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

Well if I set it to positioned, it turns on repeat.

Basically if you goto my page, then make the window smaller, you can see it does not cut off the sides of the image based on the center point like twitter.com does for example.

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

I want it to be a fixed, full screen image that doesn’t repeat, but I want it to stay centered.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Garrett,

The image is center aligned – however the image you’re using is actually set to the left see here: http://npcnaplesclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/background-8.gif

If you change the content of the image to center, it should look okay.

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

I realize that. I set it to the left in order to make it look better on smaller screens. I have background-(1-8) and the rest are centered. I want to be able to put sponsors on the side and not have them cut off like https://twitter.com/mnmscafe

See when I put the window out and in, the sides cut off the picture equally. On your theme it doesn’t cut off the excess, it either resizes it, or it is set to the side.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Twitter is not responsive so the image will not move, where as the theme is responsive and will keep the same ratio. You can turn off responsive within the admin options to achieve this but the site will no longer look correct on mobile devices.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

OK, thank you

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

I tried what you said and it is still not centered. Please look at the site now. Thank you. I don’t understand why this isn’t easier.

Also what is up with the little happy face?

Garrett Unglaub
    Participant

Turns out the happy face was from Jetpack stats. Interesting…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can use the following CSS to always keep the image in the center, the image will be distorted mind.

You can add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Customization field.

.fullimage img {max-width:100%;

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.