Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to change menu highlighting (or is it broken?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Dave Clack
    Participant

Hi, please take a look at

http://54.235.241.182/wordpress/?page_id=24

on this page only all the dropdown menu items under the ‘support’ option are dim except the first one in the list. I’d all the menu items to be visible / readable as they are when any of the other items in the drop down menu are selected.

Is this a bug? or at least how do I get round it please. I’ve tried deleting all my css changes in case it was me that had introduced the issue.

Thanks in advance !! Dave

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately I can’t support customised versions of the Theme – the default Theme does not behave in that manner, so it’s likely to be something that has been modified.

Dave Clack
    Participant

ok, so I’ve reverted to an out of the box install and the problem’s still there ie

I’ve recopied the Dynamix-Wordpress theme from the download into the themes directory (I’d not deliberately changed anything in here, but just in case)

and removed all the css that styled the theme from the Dynamix Skin settings

and turned off all other plugins (the sidebars are pretty broken but top level navigation still operates in case there was something that was interfering with the theme

It looks like a problem with the Custom Skin+ colour settings not being used correctly on that page. If you could have another look I’d be grateful.

Thanks Dave

Dave Clack
    Participant

…. switching to another theme makes the problem go away, i’m not sure if that’s significant

Dave Clack
    Participant

and here’s a fresh install of wp, to an empty db with a clean Dynamix that also shows the issue:

http://54.235.241.182/wordpress2/?page_id=8

it might be browser related. It seems to fail consistently in Chrome, less so in Safari or Firefox (all mac and latest versions)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

It looks like the Custom Skin+ has been modified? Are you using that skin, if so, check your menu settings etc.

EDIT: Ignore that, can you provide me with your login details and I’ll take a look for you. But it just seems they’re coming from the Custom Plus settings.

Dave Clack
    Participant

following some very helpful investigation by Andy (thankyou !!) putting this into the custom css panel in Dynamix skins fixes the issue …

#nv-tabs ul li.current_page_item ul li a { color: #c4c4c4 !important; }

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.