Home / Forums / You Theme Support / how to change the background image on a page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • mennes_maarten
    Participant

I’ve installed one of the you demo’s but can’t find where to change the background image of the home page.

Hi @mennes_maarten

You just have to edit the Home page, then go to ‘Row Settings’ > ‘Background Extras’

Sent you a screenshot to show you where to locate the Row Settings: http://tinypic.com/r/2ynqdxc/9

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

Hi there, I have an issue with the homepage background image.

I have successfully added the image to the background but most of the images are being cut off at the head and i need the pictures to fit and show fully.

Someone should please help out

Hi @leslie555

Can you please send over your site’s URL and login credentials so we can check on this?

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

I sent the login as a private reply

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

Hi, does anyone get my message?

Hi @leslie555

I have checked and this is actually default behavior to the theme.

The theme is built as ‘responsive’ so the theme and any elements used would respond well to whatever screen resolution.

You are possibly seeing images are cut-off because you are using a wider monitor. This means that the image must fill the width of your monitor, without stretching the image, thus cutting off the height of the image.

The issue would be very much evident for images that are wide. A great example is this image: http://evavonrose.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/cropped-mm.jpg

This is a portrait image, so the cut on the height would be large because it needs to fill the width of the row first. It will be best to avoid using such dimensions for the background slide. These images, however, will look good on mobile when the height of the row elongates.

If you check the images on the first row, they would look better because the dimensions of the images fit right into the width of the container.

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

So you mean, there is no way to make the images fit automatically unless I change those pictures?

Those are the pictures I wanna use and there’s no other. What can you do to help, please?

Hi @leslie555

The best option is to put them in a gallery instead of using them on a background slider.

There is too much CSS needed to make the background slider image dimensions behave the way you want, and there is no need to go through it since what you want can be achieved using the Gallery elements.

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

That’s great!

How do I use the gallery as the background instead of the current background settings?

Hi @leslie555

Gallery Elements can not be used as background and I do not see any plugins that can do it as well.

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response. I’m so sorry to disturb but how can I reduce the size of the website name header on mobile?
    The website name that replaces logo appears too big on mobile which is covering the faces of the background image. How can I reduce the size please.

Hi @leslie555

There is no way to change the font size of the header on mobile only via Dashboard. You have to use CSS code for it.

Regards,

samex4rill
    samex4rill
    Participant

Can you please let’s not make this thread longer than it should?

I want to make the header text smaller on mobile. How do I go about doing that with CSS code?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.