Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / how to create a page of the posts archive

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Nina Bos
    Participant

Who can guide me as to how to create a page which can be added to the top menu bar so users can see the archive of a specific category.

is there a specific way to limit the number of posts shown in one page?

Thanks everybody!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

You can create a page using the Blog Template (See documentation) – assign the categories you want to display and set that page in the menu.

Nina Bos
    Participant

Thank you Andy,

did that, page created well. but

1. the categories are not displayed, i have two categories created, but could not select them within the page. The page hence shows all blogs of all categories.

2. the text shown in the blog page is not the STARTING text of the single posts but starts halfway in the middle of the post. Oddly enough, when I created the posts it showed the archive page correctly, since I upgraded, it no longer does.

Should I re upload the theme?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

What do you have set within the WordPress -> Settings -> Reading -> Post Page. This should be set to blank. If a page is selected it will override the Theme settings. 

Nina Bos
    Participant

Hi Andy,

I truly appreciate your support.

The issue of the posts not showing in the categories is resolved.

The issue of the text shown in the grid blog is not.

Please have a look:

Full post:

http://184.173.234.94/~corr/blog/2011/09/02/palm-terrace-ceremony-dubrovnik/

Grid blog:

http://184.173.234.94/~corr/references/

Do you see the discrepancies between the both?

Why is not the starting text used for the grid?

Thanks Andy!

Nina

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

It's stripping the shortcodes from the posts. You can overcome this by enabling shortcodes for excerpt via General Settings or you can write some excerpt text for each post (See Posts, you may have to enable excerpt text via the Screen Options top right). 

The problem with enabling shortocdes is it may attempt to style the text with the shortcode. See which option suits you best. 

Nina Bos
    Participant

Hi Andy,

shortcodes for excerpt was enabled in general settings… i disabled it,  saved,  enabled again. No change

I then adjusted excerpt manually in one post as you explained here, checked grid view.. no change!!

Before I upated dynamix to the latest version, I did not have this issue. The grid view displayed the text in the shortcode as determined in the excerpt settings in "blog settings".

What to do?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Unfortunately lots of people requested the ability to have HTML/shortcodes within the excerpt – so the enabling that option should work. Can you send me your login details and I'll take a look.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.