Home / Forums / You Theme Support / How to disable titles across the entire site….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Mike
    Participant

I know that titles can be disabled on a per page/post basis, but I would like to just turn them off by default for the entire site, and elect to USE them if needed for a particular page/post. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi @talanithus

There is no option to disable titles by default on all posts/pages and just have the option to enable them on pages you need. Titles are on by default and the only option is the setting you mentioned — disable title per posts/pages

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

Can I just remove all titles entirely? I can add them via the editors, if required.

Hi Mike,

You can use this CSS to hide all the page titles.

.page .post-titles h1 {
        display: none;
    }

This should not affect Blog post’s titles.

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

I’ve added this, but it still leaves a gray bar where the header used to be. I would be OK with this, if I could alter the background color, but I don’t seem to be able to adjust it. See attached screenshot:

http://thepaintandpour.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Removeheaderbar.jpg

In order of preference:

1. Can we remove it entirely.
    2. Where is it located in the Customizer.
    3. What is the CSS to adjust the background color.

Hi Mike,

Use this CSS instead:

.intro-wrap-inner.row {
        display: none;
    }

This will hide the title and that gray bard where it used to be.

Please check if everything looks good.

thanks!

Mike
    Participant

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

You’re welcome, Mike!

toflanagan
    Participant

Hello!
    I cannot seem to get this to work, I am trying to remove the ‘Archive for’ as I am using categories to display two seperate blog pages. I have tried both the above codes in the custom CSS area and it doesnt seem to be working..?
    Please help asap!

Kind Regards,
    Taylor

Hi @toflanagan

I have sent a reply to the other ticket http://acoda.com/forums/topic/how-to-remove-archive-from-titles-entirely/. Please send your reply to that other ticket to avoid confusions.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.