Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How To Display Text on the Left or Right, Stage Gallery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Anna
    Participant

Hi Andy, hope all is well.

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but I would like to get this effect, second slide on your website (image and text on the right or left side of the image in the stage gallery).

http://dynamix.creativeworkz.co.uk/galleries-2/stage/

I have stage gallery on the home page (as shortcode) which runs from images from the slider I created. I tried to select option to display text on the left or right, but it is doing nothing. I tried stage gallery to display above page/post and still I cannot get this effect running.

I don't know what else to tell you or to look for.

Secondly, I tried to run two stage galleries on the same page, one on top and one on the sidebar. They get screwed up. Is this normal side effect?

Thanks for your help.

Anna 🙂 

Rich
    Participant

You have to set a unique ID in the shortcode generator for each Gallery that is on the same page so jQuery doesn't get confused.

When using shortcode generator make sure Gallery Content is Text/Image.

Try creating the home page gallery with the Add Post / Slide Set Gallery in the page editor if the above doesn't straighten things out.

Anna
    Participant

Thanks Rich. The unique ID solved the problem of multiple galleries on the page. It works fine now.

Now back to the first issue ….

Yes home page now works by creating via page. 

Using shortcode, still does not work. When I created the Gallery Slide Set, I tested out all the feature of the Stage Content in the shortcode. All of them work except Text/Image (Align Left) and Text/Image (Align Right), and these are the features I want.

Any ideas why other Title Overlay, Title/Text overlay would work but not the text on the left or right?

Thanks for your help Rich.

Anna 🙂

Rich
    Participant

Honestly, I couldn't get the shortcode to work either. I'll look into it and see what I come up with.

Anna
    Participant

Thanks! Glad that I am not the only one Rich :).

Anna

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Anna,Rich,

The title overlay won't work with the shortcode version – mainly because it was variable sizing and decided against it at the time. I may look into it again. 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.