Home / Forums / ePix Support / how to list post-categories via Visual Composer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • oliver schultz
    Participant

hey there,

one question: how can I create an element in Visual Composer that displays the categories of a given post?
    – would that work via a html- or a javascript-element? and if so how?

thx for any help!

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

You can use the Recent Posts element and select the category you want to display.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

oliver schultz
    Participant

hey Tom,

thanks for geting back.
    – I have to clarify: I want a list of metadata (here category) to display anywhere on a built page (in my case it uses categories, tags etc.). I don´t want to display the actual posts/pages belonging to those categories/tags – just a list with links to the tag-/category-archives themselves :-). so something like: ‘category: general, holidays, video’ to be placed via visual composer

… guess it is mainly about how to use WP-functions in the visual composer, i.e. what exact syntax to use…
    I wonder wheteher/how this can be achieved with either html-element or javascript-element

thx again!
    oliver

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

You could add a widgetized sidebar then add a category + tag cloud widget into it. Or you could add the widget to a sidebar and have a sidebar on your page. If that is what you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards,
    Tom

oliver schultz
    Participant

hey Tom,

thx! – absolutely solved it! 🙂

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

No worries, glad we resolved things. If you are happy with the theme, please take a second to rate the theme 5 stars here.

Much appreciated 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.