Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to make one column continue in another?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Joe
    Participant

I would think that someone had asked this before, but my search returned empty.
    How do I make content in one column continue in the second one next to it, within the same row? An example would be the posts section on my home page – http://allaboutchile.com/ – where I have six on the left, but nothing on the right. I’d like to increase this to twelve, with six on each side, but keep it automatic since it’s an automatic feed. http://clip2net.com/s/62HYRI
    I also have a pay-per-view page I’m working on that would be much better in two columns. However, it’s very tedious to carry over a portion of the text from column one to column two manually every time I edit. There must be some simple means to have the text automatically balance between two (or more) columns in one row.

Thanks
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I think I understand what you are saying here and the only way I can come up with something to solve your problem would be to add in an initial row and made that the only row on the page. So that when you added a massive amount of content that you then wanted to reach the bottom of the page for example, this could be achieved.

You will then be able to split the initial row into say 6ths. From there, you can add in extra rows within them so you will be able to build up your page using this method.

Unfortunately there isn’t a quick way of transferring content from column to column.

I hope that makes sense.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom,

Well, that answers my question.
    There’s not another way to make columns within one element either?
    Or, how about this? Do you know of a way to make it so that one column might show comments 1-6, while the other shows only 7-12? I’m not finding anything yet.
    I understand that this is beyond the theme at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
    Joe

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

I do not think that is possible without customizing the core codes or finding a plugin that may have those functions. I recommend having a search on the WordPress plugin directory to see if theres something on there.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Tom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.