Home / Forums / ePix Support / How to modify menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hi

I have been using the Terso them for some time but have just (very) recently purchased the ePix theme.

Forgive me if I’m asking a very stupid question but I’m trying to work out how to modify the menu that is part of the theme.

Specifically ….
    1. The menu defaults to uppercase but I don’t want that to happen. I want he menu to be lower case
    2. I’d like to remove the “search” option from the menu. In the Terso theme there is an option under Theme Options->Header to turn on/off Display Serach but I can’t find where to do this in the ePix theme.
    3. Similarly there is an “i” icon next to the search which I would also like to turn off.
    4. The other question I have is that … on your “live preview” of the them, the menu slides to the left out of view after a couple of seconds. Now I don’t actually want this to happen on my website but I’m interested to know what activates that behaviour in the menu (so I can make sure avoid it).

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

1. Technically this is a customization, but I will give this one to you.
    Add the following CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS.

#nv-tabs ul li {
    text-transform: none !important;
    }

2. You can remove this by going to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Search, OFF.

3. Remove all widgets from the Information Panel under Appearance > Widgets

4. When you set the page to a Full Screen Slider, you can set the menu to disappear after a certain amount of time. If you do not want the menu to auto hide, do not tick the option or set a time. If none are selected, the menu will stay put.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter Quirk
    Participant

Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply. You’ve responded a few times in response to my questions regard my Terso theme and, once again, you’ve come to my rescue. 🙂

Regarding point 1 – I was on the right track and had tried putting some code where you had suggested but (obviously) I wasn’t using the correct syntax. Anyway your solution worked like a charm. Thanks …. and thanks for the “give away” CSS code. Much appreciated.

and …………..

Your other suggestions were spot-on as well.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
    Peter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.