Home / Forums / ePix Support / How to modify the icons above the branding in the menu (default is i and search)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Philhow
    Participant

I want to modify these or delete them, depending on what can be added.

I am not seeing anything about this in the documentation and I can’t find it anywhere in wordpress.

Thanks for your help.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can remove the ā€˜iā€™ by removing the widgets from the information panel.

To remove the search icon, go to Appearance > Theme Options > Header > Display Search, OFF.

If you want to change the icons, you will have to edit the core theme files.

You can change the icon to your own but as this is not a standard theme option, you will need to customize it. You can edit this within the config-header.php file. Search for ‘<i class=”fa fa-bars fa-lg”></i>‘ and change out the icon code for your own. You can choose from a list of icons from Font Awesome here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Philhow
    Participant

Thanks, it did help but i still can’t remove one. Please take a look at http://philhow.com/ as i could not paste images here to show you what it looks like

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you looking to remove both the Social Icon Share and Cart?

Philhow
    Participant

Yes please (the cart was added when the woocommerce plugin was installed, yesterday)

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you don’t want any of the icons up there, the best bet would be to add .dock-panel-wrap {display:none;} to Appearance > theme options > customize > custom css.

I hope that helps?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.