Home / Forums / You Theme Support / How to remove "Archive" from titles (entirely)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Mike
    Participant

It serves no function on my site, and I would like to just remove the reference entirely.

Thanks!

Hi @talanithus

Can you please specify the URL of the page where you are seeing this or send us screenshots?

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

The section in question utilizes The Event Calendar plugin from Modern Tribe. However, when viewed in any of the WP default themes, it does not show the “Archive” preface.

See it on my Sandbox:
    http://thepaintandpour.us/events/

Screenshot:

Hi Mike,

Since you are requesting to hide all the title across the entire site on this other thread you opened, http://acoda.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-titles-across-the-entire-site/ , I assume we do not need to mess with this anymore?

If you still need this fixed, there are multiple workarounds to this and I think the easier option would be to create a new category template on your child theme and removing the word Archives from it.

thanks!

Mike
    Participant

As you stated, the previous fix from http://acoda.com/forums/topic/how-to-disable-titles-across-the-entire-site/#post-94011 succeeded in removing all titles from the site, so this is no longer relevant.

Thanks for the A+ support!

toflanagan
    Participant

Hello,

I am having trouble with this!
    I have tried all codes mentioned on various threads in the custom CSS area and nothing seems to remove the ‘Archive for’ from my site.
    Please help asap!

Kind Regards
    Taylor

You’re welcome, @talanithus

Hi @toflanagan

Can you please specify the URL of the page or send us screenshots? Also, please send over your login credentials so we could personally check on this from our end.

Regards,

toflanagan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @toflanagan

It will be really difficult for us to check on the issue if we can personally check the site.

Are you able to move it to a temporary domain so we can check it out?

Thanks!

toflanagan
    Participant

Hello,

I dont know how to put it to a temporary domain? And I cant make it live as we are too close to launch date.
    Is it not possible for you to login with my details and access it that way?
    I have a screenshot of the page, but I cant see anyway to attach it to this message?

Thank you for your help,
    Taylor

Hi Taylor,

You did not send a URL for your site, so I am not sure where I should login using the credentials you sent. Can you please send it over?

Thanks!

toflanagan
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @toflanagan

Add this CSS into Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS to hide the archive titles from the pages you mentioned.

.category h2.archive-title {
        display: none;
    }

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.