Home / Forums / You Theme Support / How to set "sticky" Dock Bar AND Header

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Mike
    Participant

I would like for the dock bar to stay “sticky” as the user scrolls down a page, the same way the header does when properly configured. Is this possible?

Hi @talanithus

Yes, that is possible. You just have to set the Dock Bar Position to ‘Header’ and you can do that via Appearance > Theme Options > Dock Bar

Regards,

Mike
    Participant

Is there a way that still allows the dock bar to be a separate row over the header?

If the Dock Bar position is set to ‘Header’ then it becomes a part of the header div.

Can you please elaborate why you want them on separate rows so we can look for other options?

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

I want a clear separation between the two menus. The dock bar will refer to franchise or corporate links, whereas the main menu applies specifically to particular operation the user is focused on. In my case, individual studios.

DOCK BAR LINKS – > Locations (all locations) Franchise (link for more Franchise information) Corporate Links, etc.
    HEADER LINKS – > All links specific to the local franchisee operation (their events, news, contacts, support, staff, etc.)

See the sandbox site here: thepaintandpour.us

The intent is to create a clear division between local and company wide resources. When I set the Dock Bar to “Header”, it appends it to the side of the main menu. I still want it OVER the Header menu, but locked for sticky scrolling.

Is this possible?

Hi @talanithus

I am having a hard time picturing out what you want to do. Can you please send over mockups on how you want this laid out so I can check what CSS we can implement for it?

Thanks!

Mike
    Participant

Sure.

The menu and dock bar on page load:
    Menu & Dock Bar on page load

The menu and dock bar “sticky” as one scrolls down the page:

Does that make sense?

Mike
    Participant

Furthermore, is it possible to set the dock bar widget to align left, with the social icons, shopping cart, and search icon still aligning right?

Hi @talanithus

Thanks for elaborating. This requires a lot of customization which we do not support.

The easiest option is to set the Dock Bar position to ‘Header’ so it joins the header/menu upon scrolling.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.