Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to set sub-menu background color?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • ss2054
    Participant

The Dynamix documentation notes that to change sub-menu background color : “To edit the Header settings, goto WordPress ? Dashboard ? Appearance ? Themes ?Customize ? Navigation

Set the background and border colors for Sub-Menu ( Drop Menu ) within the main navigation area. Use the color picker for each section to choose the color that suits best.”

I’m using Dynamix 5.3 and don’t see any navigation section.

Theme Options has: General, Header, Footer, Blog, Portfolio, Social Media, Customize. When I click Customize, it brings up a window for custom css.

Perhaps I’m overlooking something but this is incredibly frustrating. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shawn

Hi Shawn

To change the sub-menu background color, you can do that via Appearance > Customize > Font Colors

Regards,

ss2054
    Participant

Thanks for the response .

The Font Colors area has: General Font Colors, Header Font Colors, Sub-Menu Font Colors, Footer Font Colors & Transparent Header. I don’t see anything that controls the color of the submenu drop down box.

Regards,
    Shawn

My apologies for the mix-up. The recent update on the theme caused the submenu background to be dependent on the skin.

To set a different color for it, copy this CSS and paste it under ‘Appearance’ > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS box:

#nv-tabs ul ul.sub-menu {
        background-color: #000000;
    }

Replace #000000 with whatever color you want.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.