Home / Forums / ePix Support / how to show social icons inside a widget?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Simone pasqualini
    Participant

how to show social icons inside a widget?

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
    Simone

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Simone,

What you can do is turn off the social icons via Appearance > Theme Options > Social first so they do not appear at the top of the sidebar. Then create the shortcode of the social icons you want using Visual Composer within a page. Now we need to copy the code and enter it into the navigation sidebar widget. You can add in custom links to your social media pages when creating the shortcode.

To do this, you will need to create a new page > Add in your social icons using Visual Composer > Click Classic Editor (blue button above your content) > Click ‘Text’ tab > Copy all of the code. Go to Appearance > Widgets and paste the code into the Menu sidebar panel. You should now have the social icons underneath the navigation.

You can then use custom CSS to put the social icons to the bottom of the sidebar as this is not a standard theme option. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Simone pasqualini
    Participant

I do not want to use visual composer.
    I prefer html.

Thanks
    S.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Simone,

Unfortunately this is not possible to do without Visual Composer as it creates the shortcode for it to be displayed.

Sorry about that.

Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.