Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to stop image title from showing (including on Slideshow)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Jason Bakker
    Participant

I’d like to stop images from doing this when hovering over. Also, can you tell me how to do this by editing the child theme, so I can avoid having to redo it after any updates? Thanks!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I’m not sure what you mean? Do you mean the alt information, if so removing this will cause the site to fail w3 regulations – you would have to change a tonne of files.

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Ah, I wasn’t aware of this. How do other sites make it so that the alt info doesn’t show upon hover, then?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

As far as I know they should all show – if they don’t then they’re either missing them or forcing it to not sure. Do you have an example?

Jason Bakker
    Participant

Here’s an example from IGN.com. none of their pictures show a title when hovering. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/19/might-we-see-chinese-navi-in-avatar-2

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

I’m not sure how they’re achieve that (probably jquery) – maybe try adding something like the following to Header Settings -> Add Custom HTML :

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    jQuery("img").removeAttr("title");
    });
    </script>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.