Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / How to use Flash (.swf) Head file on stage Gallery

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Hi,

Please I need help to use flash file (.swf) as my head banner using the Stage Gallery on my home page.

A step by step guide will really be helpful.

Regards

Olatunde

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you use a Stage Gallery – setup a Post or Gallery Slideset with the flash file in the Video URL and set the embed type to SWF, it should do the job.

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Working perfectly, thank you.

Olatunde

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Hi,

I just upgraded my theme to the latest version.

My Flash file which was perfectly sized before the upgrade suddenly increased in height.
    I want the height to be 280px, I have set the image height in the Stage Gallery setting to 280px but it is still not working.

How do I fix this flash file height problem?

Regards
    Olatunde

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please can you provide a link to the page that your flash file is on so I can take a further look? Please set your reply to private when posting login details also.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Did you upgrade to WordPress 3.6 at the same time? If so, with the WordPress update, the plugin seems to be malfunctioning and setting the measurements all out. For Flash files, you could try using JW Player as it is built directly to be used with DynamiX so it should will work.

For more information, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Olatunde Ajayi
    Participant

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about the confusion, I have gone into your site and added a gallery with flash enabled and it works fine with the correct size.

If you navigate to the test page I set up, http://tourism.gov.ng/1testpage-2/ you will see the gallery has been created using a Stage gallery with the source set as Slide Sets. If you go to Slide Sets on the left menu, you will see the HomeTest Slider contains the URL of your .SWF file.

.page-id-1311 .slider-inner-wrap,
    .page-id-1311 .gallery-wrap .container.videotype .videowrap object {
    height: 300px !important;}

To put this on your homepage, you will need to change the page-id in the CSS above. The page-id for your homepage is 971.

Just copy the same settings as I have put on the Test page and things should work fine.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.