Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / HTML5 with jwplayer support ipad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • Gerald Nolan
    Participant

is there any plan to support HTML5 with jwplayer? I would like to support the ipad. Vimeo now supports it. I am still in development with the theme and dislike seeing just the shadow if flash isn’t installed. I was using grep to find all the places that swf is used: index.php, archive.php, blog.php, single.php am I missing any files?

Regards,
    Gerald

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

html5 was introduced to version 5.3 of the standard JW Player see here:

http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/jw-player-for-html5

and here is a browser test:

http://html5test.com/

Anonymous

Hi,

As Dan said the new player support HTML5, so if there is no flash it will resort to HTML5 ( I think ). That means you can call the jwplayer SWF without having to change all of the code for the theme.

See http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/jw-player/jw-player-for-flash-v5/12/install-the-jw-player-for-flash-v5 – for a test on iPhone etc.

There is a guide within the documentation on how to use JW Player with DynamiX- unfortunately I can’t embed JW Player with the theme because it’s illegal.

Hope that helps

Anonymous

As for Vimeo and YouTube, you’ll find DynamiX already supports their HTML5 players.

Gerald Nolan
    Participant

Thanks for the tip… I have the new version and followed the documentation on how to use the JW Player.

Example:

edit = & amp; < - without space (editor replaces & amp; with &) /jwplayer/player.swf?file=/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Web_2000.mp4& amp;controlbar=none& amp;autostart=false&stretching=fill& amp;image=/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/previewIntro2.png
    It doesn’t seem to work. Am i missing something?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you send me your URL so I can take a look (email me your WP login details aswell via the private messaging ).

Thanks

Michael Levine
    Participant

I’m trying to figure this out too. Do we need to put the embed code somewhere?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael, I’m going to look into embedding JW Player into the theme, I need to look into the licensing first.

Michael Levine
    Participant

I don’t think that you’ll have to license it, I think all we need is a place to put the embed code instead of just a place to put the video URL that is already there. You would leave the licensing of JW Player up to the user of your theme.

Michael Levine
    Participant

I have 2.8 installed and I'm trying to figure out how to get the html5 video embed with JW Player to work.  I've been checking out the documents from longtailvideo and can't figure out how to get the player to default to html5 not Flash.  Has anyone had any luck with this yet?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

For browsers that have flash it will use flash, it's far more stable at this stage than the HTML5 player. However if you use a PC/Mac without flash or use a iPad or iPhone the script it automatically switch to the HTML5 player. 

Best regards

Andy

Michael Levine
    Participant

I followed some advice to disable flash and shockwave in Firefox and test my site at ipadpeek.com and I still keep getting the "Install Flash" error for my movies.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Definitely shouldn't do that.. can you send me a link to the page you're testing please 

Thanks

Michael Levine
    Participant

Sent you a PM.

Arthur
    Participant

Same here 🙁

test page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.