Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image Alt Text

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Jason
    Participant

I’m trying to diagnose some Google indexing issues. When you’re using visual composer and adding an image, does the VC dialogue ‘ALT Text’ field overwrite the one in the image upload interface? I normally add alt text and description when I upload the images and leave the VC field blank.

Also, have you encountered any issues where VC short codes appear in Facebook posts that are automatically posted? This occurs in Google Plus as well. In the description of the link, Facebook will display the first few lines and include any and all coding until the character limit is reached.

I hope I described these issues okay. My site has been up for over a month now. It’s understandable that gaining organic traffic takes time. I’m just trying to eliminate any and all possibilities. Robots.txt, sitemaps etc…

Are their any meta tags that could discourage Google from indexing a site that have popped up for other users in the past?

Forgive the rant:) Love the theme and the support
    Jason
    http://www.nerdinfinite.com

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

If you set one in the Image Element, it should overwrite the one in the Media Library. Otherwise it should pull it in from the Media Library. I see you have “alt” descriptions on the images on the home page, how are they set?

That’s really strange it would show the shortcode, where can I replicate this?

Jason
    Participant

Every image’s ALT settings are set through the wordpress media uploader’s options. I just wanted to double check that these weren’t being overwritten by blank fields left in visual composers settings.

If you take a look at our Facebook page, you’ll see examples the issue with shortcodes appearing instead of the content. One of the more recent posts is about the movie Alien. We have to write our own posts but in the link preview that Facebook generates, you can see the short codes instead of the excerpt or description etc…

https://www.facebook.com/nerdinfinite

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

Are you still using Advanced Excerpt? If so, please try removing that and using the built-in option now. Failing that, I believe it’s going to be a case of manually entering in the excerpt for each post generated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.