Home / Forums / ePix Support / Image Effect – open link in new window not working

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Andy

I use Image Effect quite liberally around my Epix site, mostly I think it’s ace.

However, I’ve recently noticed that if I select the “open link in new window” option, it doesn’t – it just opens it in the same window.

Look at my homepage https://www.timhenselphotography.com – the badges for the various sites I’m on open in the same window – I’d really like these to open in a new one so as not to drive away traffic.

Please can you help?

Many thanks – Tim

Hi Tim,

I tested from our end and ‘Open New Window’ or ‘Open in New Tab’ works without any issues. Can you please specify what is the browser that you used and send us a screencast of it?

Thanks!

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hello

I’ve tried it in Chrome and Safari.

Here’s a screencast: https://youtu.be/LQqex4flrus

Hi Tim,

Can you please send over your site’s login credentials so we can personally test this?

Thanks!

Tim Hensel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for elaborating.

I personally tried this on our test site and the issue does exist. I have reported this to Andy and we will get back to you once this has been fixed.

Regards,

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Hi Edcel

Thank you – I’m not going crazy then, which is nice.

I look forward to the solution in due course.

Best

Tim

Hi @timhensel

Can you send over your site’s FTP login credentials so we can upload the needed fixes?

Regards,

Tim Hensel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Tim,

We have implemented the fix on your site but the issues persists even though this has been tested on our test site.

We are looking into this further and we will get back to you once we have fixed this.

Regards,

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Thank you – I look forward to hearing back.

Best regards

Tim

Hi @timhensel

We have already uploaded the fix for this issue. Please check and confirm if it’s working from your end.

By the way, we have just updated the last two images to set it to New Window for “Link Target”. Kindly update the first two images.

Regards,

Tim Hensel
    Participant

Yes works perfectly, thank you very much!

You’re welcome.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you encounter any issues.

Regards,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.