Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image gallery shorcode – Text only capability?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Maria Colaluca
    Participant

Is there a way to show text only for the image gallery shortcode without creating a slide set? I want to make it easy for the person that will be updating the posts. These specific posts change on a monthly basis, and making the changes to the content in the slide set gallery would be too complex for them to understand. I have the understanding that the image gallery shortcode is the same as the stage gallery. Is this correct? Also, I don't want to use tabs, because they can't nest within each other, nor can I set a custom class to style them differently than the main tabs.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

Within posts you can select "Text Only" from the "Stage Gallery" options tab. 

It's more or less the same, the image gallery has more effects to select from – but does not allow the text to be aligned (left,right) of the image. But you can use it for text only and display, testimonials or other shortcodes within it. 

With 2.8.3, you can add a CSS class to a slide/post – so in theory you could do that. 

Maria Colaluca
    Participant

Thanks!

One more thing: I've went back to the tab method, to see if a plugin would work. The problem is, if i use the plugin, the default plugin style will override the dynamix tab style, and if i try to use a custom style on the tabs plugin via the dynamix child theme, the plugin style doesn't show. I've tried setting specific id's and classes before the ui-tabs styles so that even though it's a child of .dyntabs it should dispaly differently, but still nothing. From looking at the dynamix stylesheet, the jquery ui-tabs is specifically styled (which would explain the overriding issue), but I have no idea how to get a nested tab of display a different style. What do you suggest?

examples of the code i've typed – the tabbity id and class refers to the id specified with the tabs plugin:

#tabbity .ui-tabs { ...
    .tabbity .ui-tabs { ...
    #tabbity.tabbity .ui-tabs { ...
    #tabbity.ui-tabs { ...
    .tabbity.ui-tabs { ...
    .dyntabs.tabbity .ui-tabs { ...

Maria Colaluca
    Participant

Maybe to help explain better, I reread my last post and my goal may be confusing: My site is content heavy, but the client insists on a fixed height design. So page A will have 3 sections. In each section the copy should be able to fit into the area and break up across "pages" so the design doesn't expand below the fold.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to do. The outer tabs are the sections, and the inner tabs are the content continued onto the next tab. I'd like to style the inner set of tabs to something different if it's possible.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Maria,

This is very custom work, I can't really extend my support that far to help. But basically you either need to create a container DIV with a specific CSS class, wrap that around the inner tabs and then change the CSS to someting like.

div.innertabs .ui-tabs

You may have to use the !important rule within the CSS. 

Maria Colaluca
    Participant

Ok, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.