Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know what’s wrong, but I added another image to my slideshow on one of my pages and it has a different size. I can’t find the problem. Why does it not have the size like the other images in the slide?????
    Here is the site: http://florianfriedrich.com/music/

Kind regards, Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

Your current images are square, around 150x150px. The image you have added is not square it is a rectangle shape, around 100x300px. The image resizer keeps images in the correct ratio so it has to bring the height of the image up to compensate for the height of the image. If you want the new image to look the same as the rest you will need to alter the dimensions of it and re-upload it.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

exactly that is not the case! My image is exactly as square as the other ones. It’s a CD cover. That’s why I don’t get, why it has this rectangle shape.
    I also re-uploaded it and resized it, with or without text… nothing changed. It still displays in wrong shape.

Kind regards,
    Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Florian,

From looking at the URL of the image on there it is still saying the original is 100x300px. Can you provide me with a link to the image you are trying to put in there and your login details so I can take a further look into this please?

Please set your reply to private when posting login details too.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have checked this out for you and think your images might be caching. You can go to your root folder via FTP and go to wp-content/uploads, then within that directory, there will be images with random characters after them, if you remove these images it should clear the cache of the images and it should fix your image problem. Do not remove the folders within the /uploads folder though.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Florian Friedrich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I deleted all the images with random characters inside my uploads-folder, as you said. No difference. And as soon as I load my website, all images appear again in the uploads folder! Is that normal? Isn’t there an extra folder for all these caches?
    So, no solution, sorry.

Kind regards,
    Florian

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ok, could you try adding another image to see if it acts in the same way. Try setting the current cupport image the same ratio as the other images, try changing the file name without caps and hyphens and re-upload it. We are baffled at the moment as to what could be causing this.

One you remove the files from the uploads folder and reload your site, the site automatically creates cached images and stores them here, it is all normal.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.