Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image links to external URL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous

Hi,

Another question that probably has a really simple answer… Once I’ve laid out my homepage to match your demo one… how do i add links to external URL’s to my posted images…

iguanasurfwear.com

in the ‘womens’ section under the twitter feed… I’d like to make the image point to another URL…

what code do i need to add to all the shortcode text?

The resaon that i’m adding all these external links, is because we are using your theme as a glossy front end to a retail store… so every image will need to be clickable!

Thanks

Marc

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

[my img shortcode]

just make it into single line not multi line like this editer decided to do`pre type=”xml”`
    <a href=”http://mytargeturl.com”>[shortcode]</a>
    `/pre`

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply… but then where would i add that to the accordian shortcode that i already have… where does it go in respect to the image filename etc…

Sorry if i’m being simple!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Dan, I’ve found using the PHP snippet is better than the XML-HTML one. I’ll remove the other options.

Within the accordion panel, where the image shortcode is, wrap the a tag around it.

Example:

[accordion] [panel title=” TITLE1 “] <a href=”link-to-some-where.html”> [imageeffect type=”shadowreflect” width=”200″ height=”120″ shadow=”shadow-xsmall” alt=”test” url=”/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/3D-Design-Alt.png” ] </a> [/panel] [/accordion]

Flickapix Dezign
    Participant

sorry mark,the code i gave was for an individual image or text,didnt realise you wanted the accordian :0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.