Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image resizing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Thanatermesis
    Participant

I have just checked my site ( http://www.elivecd.org ) under pagespeed and it seems to be extremely slow ranked, the cause: images too big

So i wonder, there’s an option for resize images in the configurations of dynamix, I always upload my images in big quality so the theme or the pages can use them on their desired sized, it is not meant that they are always resized ? why they are by default showing as 1600×1600 ? thats insane

Thanks
    Thanatermesis

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

You need to specify the image size when adding an image to the page or via Gallery setting and the theme will then resize it to that. Without this value, they will show their native size.

fscbmwcca
    fscbmwcca
    Participant

Are there recommendations? Since the theme is responsive, I thought that if you left it out it would take the best size.

Thanatermesis
    Participant

Yeah, I was thinking the same too, that the theme will made the best resized/optimized images for their cases

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It’s not possible to do that, responsive will scale the image and retain ratio ( even that didn’t exist a couple of years back ), but it can’t physically change the image. This is where you’re required to enter image dimensions that suit what content you’re placing on the page. That will then use the server to re-create the image in those dimensions, before displaying it on the page.

One way I use is based on the Site Width ( Appearance > Theme Options > General > Site Width ), divide that by the number of columns you’re using, so if you have a 1 column and your site width is 1220, I’d set that image to 1220 in width. If it’s 2 columns, I’d set the image width to 610 and so on.

I hope that helps?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.