Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Image resizing to half pixel dimensions?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Kevin
    Participant

Hi, I’ve purchased the dynamic theme, when I upload a pic of say 350px X 350px when it shows on the web page it’s slightly blurry.

I use PNG’s as I like the transparent background so I can use the wide-row option sometimes on my content panels.

Unfortunately when the images are coming through to the web pages they are set at 349.5px X 349.5px (in the DOM inspector) even though they are 350px in the wordpress library? Something in the theme is causing them to be squashed by half a pixel causing the slight blurryness – any ideas?

Thanks K

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Where exactly are you adding the image to? Are you inserting it via a single image element within Visual Composer? If you are adding it as a background into the wide-row, you will need to use a much larger image than 350px wide. I recommend at least 1500px.

Do you have a page URL with this image on so I can take a further look?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Kevin
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I was simply posting an image at 350px that I created in Photoshop. I will try changing the settings to stop resizing images on upload in the theme manager.

Also, is there a simply way of adding my custom CSS in the Appearance > Theme Options > Customise area for JUST changing the CSS of my desktop site without changing the CSS skin of my mobile site?

I want to introduce some padding for the desktop site and it’s great tha I can just override CSS in the customise area, but I didn’t want to have to start going into the style.css and start maintaining 2 version of css, one for mobile & one for desktop. It would be good to know if there’s some markup I can use to only change the desktop styles?

Thanks
    Kevin

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

You can turn off the image resizer if this suits you better? Appearance > Theme Options > General > Image resizer, OFF.

Yes, you can add all CSS to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS. All CSS added here will stay there when updating the theme also.

You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.