Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / image size inheritance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Tim
    Participant

Hi Andy, hope you can help. see: http://quantumafs.com/bakery-products – the images in the slider sets will not adopt a set height or width – they seem to be inheriting the dimensions from the post galleries. Any way to beat this? Also seem to be having horrible problems with mixed portrait/landscape images in slide sets – I can only beat it by choosing Crop in the slide set and Zoom in the post image options. Any advice gratefully received. Many thanks.

Anonymous

Hi Tim,

The accordion gallery is a tricky one – the way it works is that width is the width of the gallery (not the image) it then divides that equally by how many slides there and and auto assigns the width. It's unfortunately the only way it can work to get the desired accordion effect. 

I found it best to setup the accordion with the number of slides and then take a screen shot of how big the image space is when the accordion is open and then crop the image to that size. The zoom and crop function is exactly for that if you don't want to manually pre-edit the images. 

Tim
    Participant

Thanks Andy. Working it out as I go. Another site to build after this one and hoping to use your template as I'm pleased with it's functionality, hope you find some more time to work on documentation with your next release. Cheers, Tim.

Tim
    Participant

Quick follow up – I've noticed that timthumb generates a thumbnail in the right proportions, but sometimes the gallery – accordian or slider – can sometimes "swap" the proportions. Any way to stop that without working the images up prior to upload?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi TIm,

It shouldn't do, the gallery displays what timthumb generates. Do you have a link to where this is happening?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.