Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Images not showing up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Lowry Wilson
    Participant

I am new user of Dynamix.  I purchased through ThemeForest and have a problem with the TimThumb script.  I have looked through all of the settings, tried multiple paths to the image (yes, I know about the /), called my hosting support and below is the error that TimThumb is reporting.  I am on PHP 5+ and the cache directory has permissions 755.

A TimThumb error has occured

The following error(s) occured:

• Could not find the internal image you specified.

Query String : h=&w=940&zc=1&src=/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/DeltaBlue_1.jpg

TimThumb version : 2.8

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi, 

It might be worth trying 777 permission instead – some servers accept 755 and others require 777. Let me know if that works. 

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

Andy – I have tried 777 on both the cache and temp directories.  I even went out and downloaded the new version of TimThumb but still get the same result.  BlueHost is who I use for hosting.  Until I get this working,  the thumbs are really messed up.  

This is a new hosting account, using the latest version of WordPress.

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

As additional information –  could the WP E-commerce plugin have affected any of this?  I had used it at first and then disabled the plug in because I didn't like the way it initially worked.

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

I hvae created a new WordPress install, uploaded the theme and assigned 777 to both cache and temp.  Same result.   My host provider says there is something in the theme that is causing this.  

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Can you provide a link to your site please? The theme 100% works with it – the demo site alone is proof of that, but we'll get to the bottom of it. 

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

Site address is http://74.220.219.65/~oldsout4

This is a temporary address until I move my domain from a different provider.   I am hoping to get this working soon or I am going to have to move to a different template.

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

The TimThumb script is turned on and no images are showing up.  If I turn it off, they show up fine but thumbnails are squished rather than cropping and resizing.

Site address is: http://74.220.219.65/~oldsout4

Just to be sure I have installed the theme correctly, I unzipped the file from ThemeForest, copied the Dynamix folder to the themes directory on my server.   Is there anything else I should have done?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

It's because of the URL you're using – timthumb will not accept it. I'd use without timthumb for time being but when you switch to the real domain it'll be fine. 

Lowry Wilson
    Participant

Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.