Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Images on amazon S3 don’t show in slidesets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • Guy Yang
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I want to use images hosted on my amazon S3 account in slidsets. But the images do not appear in the gallery.

For instance, I've used a grid gallery in a slide set, the images thumbnails are broken in the grid gallery, but when I click on the nroken thumbnail, the image comes up?

What can I do to fix that?

Thanks,

Guy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Guy,

Because amazon is on a different domain to your hosting you have to add it to the safe list. Please see documentation. 

Andy

Guy Yang
    Participant

Hello Andy,

Thank you for you reply! I've found the information in the manual and have added in timthumb.php the following URLs:

-'iphone-camera-essentials-images.s3.amazonaws.com/cartoons',

-'iphone-camera-essentials-images.s3.amazonaws.com',

-'s3.amazonaws.com',

To no avail. The images are in 'iphone-camera-essentials-images.s3.amazonaws.com/cartoons', (a folde in a bucket). But I'm still getting the error.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Guy

Guy Yang
    Participant

Hello Andy,

I've tried a few things to make it work, no success so far. In particular, I've set up a CNAME for the amazon S3 bucket that hosts the files and I use a plugin, Amazon S3 for WordPress to upload images to S3 with the same folder structure that WP creates on the server  (wp-content/uploads/2011/06/ for instance).

I have these urls for images :

http://images.thebeginnerslens.com/iphone-camera-essentials/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/slide-1-jpeg75.jpg

http://images.thebeginnerslens.com/iphone-camera-essentials/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/slide2-jpeg75.jpg

http://images.thebeginnerslens.com/iphone-camera-essentials/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/slide-1-jpeg75.jpg

If you test these urls, you'll see that they are readable in any browser. But when I put them in a slideset, they do not work.

This is how I have modified the timhumb.php file:

// external domains that are allowed to be displayed on your website

$allowedSites = array (

'flickr.com',

'picasa.com',

'blogger.com',

'wordpress.com',

'img.youtube.com',

'upload.wikimedia.org',

'googleusercontent.com',

'creativeworkz.co.uk',

'images.thebeginnerslens.com',

);

the CNAME is as follows: images.thebeginnerslens.com redirects to images.thebeginnerslens.com.s3.amazonaws.com. (and it works otherwise).

Any idea of what needs to be changed to have it work?

Thanks,

Guy

Guy Yang
    Participant

Hi Andy,

An update: I've tried to use images from some of the sites allowed in the timthumb list. It works for flickr, but not for picasa, wordpress or wikipedia.

Kind of strange…

I believe it's a timthumb issue.

Another point: I use cloudflare as a CDN. I don't think that's an issue, but I'm mentionning it just in case.

Thanks,

Guy

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Try just using thebeginnerslens.com – without the images. 

and

amazonaws.com

Let me know how you get on . 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.