Home / Forums / ePix Support / Images sizes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • nicolas
    Participant

Hi, your template is fantastic.
    I ve read all the doc. Not sure everything is up to date.
    I have a problem at this point :
    For the home page fullscreen, I tried images from 2500 to 700 wdth but there is no way I can see them fully in the “homepage / zoom”.
    What I do wrong ? From your 2500 images samples everything is fine.
    Is it a config issue I’m missing ?…
    Thanx, Nicolas

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

Do you have a link to the page in question so I can take a further look please? Is it not performing the same way as the demo site?

I recommend having images no larger than 1800px wide for the fullscreen slider as it will run very slow for a slow internet user.

Kind regards,
    Tom

nicolas
    Participant

Hi Tom
    http://momentaryemotion.com/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I do not know what you mean by see them fully? The animation is correct and I can see the whole image on my screen. What exactly is the problem? Please can you elaborate?

Kind regards,
    Tom

nicolas
    Participant

Tom, please look at here the picture (1st one)
    http://momentaryemotion.com/hardcore/
    this is what I wish to see on the homepage.
    For instance we should see the entire bass, at the bottom, and the open mouth, at the top.
    Right now we have a half bass and a shoulder.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

It really depends on the size that your browser window is set to. It displays fine on my screen. See screenshot below.

Kind regards,
    Tom

nicolas
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Yes the image is “perfect” here.
    But I don’t get it : can you tell me the size of your screen, the ratio, the definition, to get it perfectly like that ?
    What browser are you n ? How do you define the browser window ?
    Tx,
    Nicolas

Finally tell me, it doesn’t disn’t matter the size in px ?
    Tx, Nicolas

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Nicolas,

We recommend using images that are in 16:9 ratio for the fullscreen slider as most browsers are in this default ratio.

That is just the standard width and height of Chrome on my iMac. You can define the browser size by dragging the bottom right corner of the browser window.

Whatever size I set my browser to, I still see the image correctly. This is how the script has been set up to run.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Melanie Smith
    Participant

Hi Tom,

I am also having an issue like this with my partners webiste, http://www.melanieann.com.au, the images are showing tiled, since updating (either WP or ePix theme), where as before they were automatically made full screen for any browser.

I have tried multiple settings on the page and within Slide Set Manager but cannot get them to show full screen, they still only tile. The image sizes didn’t matter previously but now they just don’t work.

Any solutions?

Michael

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Sounds like you need to reset your browser cache. The home page images are showing up in fullscreen and work perfectly as they should on my computer. If you have updated both WP and the theme at the same time, they can sometimes show old or corrupt copies of things. Resetting the browser cache should resolve this.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Melanie Smith
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Appears to be working today. I think it was CloudFlare cache mainly causing the issue! But thanks for the help anyway 🙂

Michael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.