Home / Forums / You Theme Support / Import/Export Theme Options and Skins

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • I have exported the theme settings and my skins. As soon as I try to import each of them on an other site I get an error ‘Invalid file or file size too big.’ This is a multisite installation and each site has it’s own child theme (named after the site it is used for)

Just tested it on a development site. It is not possible to import a formerly exported file even on the same site (single installation).

Hi Michael,

I tested it on our test site and it looks like the issue is also happening on our site.

The developer is now looking into this issue and I will get back to once I have an update.

Regards,

Hi Michael,

Can you please retry importing the file now? I just retried it on our test site and it has worked without any issues.

If the issue persists, try to rename the file to skins.JSON

Thanks!

Hi,

well I don’t understand why there should have changed anything while the theme and wordpress stays the same but I gave it a try. And as already expected it does still not work. Same error message ‘Invalid file or file size too big.’ and renaming the file/files does not solve the issue. The export/import of skins and theme options is broken.

btw. even at least one admin notice is broken/malformed:
    <strong>Note!</strong> This is only to backup the settings within <strong>Appearance ? Theme Options</strong>, for all other Theme settings, use Tools ? Export.

Hi Michael,

It is pretty weird since it did work the last time I checked and when I retried now, I can’t get it to work again. I may have tested on our Dynamix site before instead of YOU.

I have forwarded this to the developer again. We will get back to you once I have an update from him.

Regards,

Hi Michael,

Can you send over your site’s URL and login credentials so the developer can test on this?

Regards,

vonderro
    Participant

I had the same issue, when I tried to import theme settings I got the ‘fiel too big’ error on a brand new installation. This has to be addressed.

Hi h@vonderro

This has been reported to the developer and if you can provide your site URL and login credentials, that would help.

Thanks!

I can’t give you access neither to the customers Multisite Network nor to my development system. As this is a general problem I am sure you will solve it in a future release. As for now I just copied the setting in the database (options table).

We will update you once this is sorted out.

Regards,

Hi @vonderro and @mensmaximus

Can you please specify what Operating System are you currently running in your computer?

The developer is looking into the issue and we are trying to isolate what could be causing this.

Thanks!

Windows 10

Hi @mensmaximus

This has now been fixed and the update should be released in the coming days.

Regards,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.