Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Importing Demo-Files does not work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Noctumanie
    Participant

Dear Acoda-Team,

recently I got a contract to set up a wordpress theme for a client.
    After several hours of browsing we went for your DynamiX Theme, since it suits all requirements the client has had.

Now I’m used to work with replacing Demo-Content step-by-step, instead of setting everything up by myself.
    Somehow I can’t get the Demo-Files to be uploaded. No matter how often and long I try, the loading-indicator at my cursor freezes at one point (after about ~10mins) and it won’t continue or respond, unless I refresh the whole page.

We have bought a Domain and webspace at Domainfactory. When I go to the revolution slider admin panel, it tells me, that the upload max. filesize and max. post size of the provider is not big enough (8MB, 32MB[?] required). Could that be the issue? Or: Do I have to register/activate Slider Revolution in order to import the Demo-Files correctly?

I’m using Firefox 44.0.2 btw, in case that is relevant?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
    Best regards,
    Phil

Noctumanie
    Participant

Edit:

Okay, so I dug a little deeper and just figured out, that the Import-Demo Control Panel tells me exactly, what I need to activate first, before I can import the Demo-Files. (Sorry for not reading that the first time I created the post) Namely: Visual Composer, Revolution Slider and Contact Form 7.

Visual Composer tells me that I don’t have a valid license after I allow them to connect with my WP account and they just bother me with buying one for 36$. Is this what I get when I buy a premium theme, which tells me that VC is “included”?

Revolution Slider tells me that my purchase key (which I got from the license.txt) is not valid.

What am I supposed to do now?
    Thanks in advance, Phil

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

Please ignore their attempts to encourage you to buy a license – you do not have to buy a license or activate it. It’s the same with Visual Composer – they’ve created a new trend recently which is encouraging / tricking users into buying a standalone license.

As long as you’ve installed them via Appearance > Install Plugins, you do not need to do anything, other than dismiss their messages.

I hope that helps?

Noctumanie
    Participant

Hi Andy,

thanks for the reply.
    After all, it is possible to work with each of the plugins, separately.

But I still have the issue that I can not one-click-install the demo content (since none of the contained plugins are fully “activated” [by license]).

I tried to manually import the demo.xml through Tools -> Import data -> WordPress -> *upload demo.xml*
    Now I have some(!) demo content, but everything is messed up and I would prefer to start working with a clean demo-installation.

I know that might not be the most professional approach, but that’s just how I’m used to work with themes (import demo content, change everything step-by-step).

Thanks in advance,
    Phil

I have the same exactly problem…. can someone help us? I tried over Safari or Chrome, nothing happens.

Hi Noctu! Find a solution!!! 😀 desactivate another contact plugin and now finally I can import all the content. Look in your plugins if you have another reside Contact Form 7. Good luck!

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Phil,

You should have a message at the top that tells you what plugins need installing. Or if that isn’t visible, goto Appearance > Install Plugins and install / activate the plugins it needs.

If you don’t have any content on the site you wish to keep, you can use a plugin like “https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-reset/”, but please do not use this if you have content you need, as it does reset it all.

Once you’ve done that, make sure the plugins are installed and activated and it should be as simple as click the “Import Demo” button and you’ll be away.

As a side note, I’m not sure why you wrote that scathing review about me not replying after 3 days, when it’s clear from the dates above I replied within 24hrs and stated clearly you do not have to buy the license for each plugin. I’m hoping it’s a misunderstanding and the review will be amended.

Noctumanie
    Participant

Hi Andy,

first of all: I contacted the envato market help-team and asked for the review and rating to be removed on my behalf. I’m sorry that I let my bad temper get the better of me. I realized too late, that you took the time to answer my support request within 24 hours (somehow this page wasn’t refreshing properly, so I saw your answer too late). I hope that the review will be removed within the next couple of days.

The strange thing is that I did everything according to your walkthrough and activated all necessary plugins but the import-function did not work.
    I did a complete reset and now it worked for me. I have no logic explanation for that. Maybe the issue was caused by my server(?).

Anyway, I would like to thank you and Lisandro for the input and support.
    Best regards,
    Phil

Andy, thank you.

Im trying to eliminate some images or icons in “home” but its impossible… I need to enter the page code and eliminate it but that affects the design somehow … icons and buttons. This design is more complicated than the previous one, and it’s giving me headaches. hahahah but it will not beat me! the only way to eliminate icons and buttons is through code?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

@noctumanie – I believe you can just click on the stars again and add a new one?

@lenrique,

Can you post a link to your home page please – it might be worth creating a new topic, because if you set a private link in a thread which you did not start, it will be visible to the OP too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.