Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Indicator in the Sidebar Menu??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • David Bakke
    Participant

Cheers,

I would really like to have an indicator in the "sidebar custom menu" -that indicates which page you're on. I have quite alot of links in the menu, so it would make the experience much more intuitive, and it would make it MUCH easier, for the user -going through the different pages.

Having the link turn a different color, og having an arrow or something that shows which page is active would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

David Bakke

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes you're right, I thought I had done this.. edit your style.css

search for 

.widget ul ul, .widget ul ul ul { background:none !important;padding-bottom:0px;}

and place under that line the following. It will make the text bold and italic. 

.widget ul li.current_page_item a { font-weight:bold;font-style:italic; }

David Bakke
    Participant

Nice, thank you! Could I change the color to f.eks. red using this method?

/David

David Bakke
    Participant
    I added the code (marked in yellow under), but no change in the sidebar menu..? 

Link to my page: http://eventsupport.no/temp/

/******************************************************************/

/* Widgets        */

/******************************************************************/

/** General *********************************/ 

.sidebar-content .widget_recent_entries li, .sidebar-content .widget_archive li, .sidebar-content .widget_links li, .sidebar-content .widget_meta li, .sidebar-content .widget_categories li, .widget_pages li, .widget_nav_menu li, .widget_recent_comments li {background:url(images/break-a.png) top left repeat-x;}

.widget ul {background:url(images/break-a.png) bottom left repeat-x;padding-bottom:2px;}

.widget ul ul { background:none;padding-bottom:0px;}

.widget ul li.current_page_item a { font-weight:bold;font-style:italic; }

.sidebar-content .widget_recent_entries li a, .sidebar-content .widget_archive li a, .sidebar-content .widget_links li a, .sidebar-content .widget_meta li a, .sidebar-content .widget_categories li a, .widget_pages li a, .widget_nav_menu li a {

padding:8px 0px 9px 15px;

display:block;

background:url(images/li-arrow-drk.png) center left no-repeat;

}
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

It works okay for me, which menu item is that page? I can't see it. 

David Bakke
    Participant

This is a link to the "sampling"-page. I'd like the links in the sidebar-menu to turn red, or bold italic when you're on the respective page.

http://eventsupport.no/temp/?page_id=2453 

This is a screenshot:

http://www.eventsupport.no/temp/nedlastninger/Screen-shot-2011-07-07-at-11.03.png

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think it's because of the way you displaying your pages in the sidebar, what widget are you using? It's best to use the Custom Menu widget or Pages widget? Whatever you're using at the moment doesn't have a current page class so it doesn't know what page you're on. 

David Bakke
    Participant

I'm using the Custom Menu-widget… Listed under avaiable widgets.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That's strange – the widget is seeing that you're on that page. If you're using chrome, firefox etc you can inspect the element and it's definitely not recognising you're on that page. 

I woner if it only works with permalinks – try switching on your permalinks in the WP admin -> Settings -> Permalinks

David Bakke
    Participant

Changed the permalinks, but to no avail… weird. It's never showed up like that. I actually thought the custom menu didn't show what page you were on. Want to take a look?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.