Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Input Text Area – White

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Richie
    Participant

I have changed the base color with the customization tool, that works fine. However, my contact forms and search input text areas are displaying white text on a white background. I wrote a custom class to correct the contact 7 form, though the search box in the sidebar is not changing. Which class is the sidebar search input text area?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richie,

That’s strange, do you have a link, it maybe a plugin that is overriding it.

Richie
    Participant

Andy,

The site is behind a password protected area, if you mail me i’ll send you a password. The only plugin currently running is Contact form seven.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Richie,

Just set the reply to “Set as private reply” to hide any personal details. Only admin can see them ( me ).

Richie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Ok,

Add this to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS:

pre, xmp, input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="file"], input[type="tel"], input[type="url"], input[type="email"], textarea, input, select {color:#444;}

If that doesn’t stick, try:

pre, xmp, input[type="text"], input[type="password"], input[type="file"], input[type="tel"], input[type="url"], input[type="email"], textarea, input, select {color:#444 !important;}

Richie
    Participant

!important was required.

Thanks for the help. Where does the CSS get input to when using the appearance, customize css option?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. It loads it via the WP inline style function.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.