Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / inserting shortcode in classical editor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Hello,

When I am usinf the classical editor, there is the themeva button I can press so as to insert, a button, divider…….. (I am not talking about visual composer). It inserts a short code with all the possible options written in text, and then I have to remove the options I am not interested in.
    this is allright with me, as I understand english and I am used to webmastering.
    But there are numerous authors and contributors on this website, and they don’t understand at all what should be done, so they cannot use the features and are very disppointed (and keep calling me so I do something about it…).
    So I wanted to check with you if this system is your native system, or not. maybe I did not switch on an option somewhere so that these shortcodes would dbe easier to insert and configurate, maybe with dropanels with different options to choose from (something like in “shorcodes ultimate” plugin which is such a breeze to use for people with no knowledge of the web) ?

Thanks for your answer

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is what Visual Composer is for. It is a breeze to use and creates all of the shortcodes visually. For more information on Visual Composer, please see the documentation here.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

As I told you, I am NOT talking about Visual composer but about the classical editor, and the themeva button for shortcodes in this editor…
    U am the only one to use visual composer in this website, all authors need the shortcode button to be convenient, and as it is, it is not convenient at all for them.

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Marie,

Unfortunately this is not possible to change what is in the drop dow themeva box as these are there so that every variation of shortcode can be used. You could give them the shortcodes for the most popular codes that they will be using manually but this is not ideal. This is why the shortcodes were deprecated and replaced with Visual Composer as everything is visual and can be understood in most languages.

Sorry about that.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Well, if at least the shorcodes could be translated !
    same thing for visual composer as a matter of fact, impossible to translate everything through the files provided. I tried all I could think of, but no way, most things are in english whether I am using the localisation plugin, or poedit. this is really a big problem for me, I wasted hours on this translation business….if i tyranslate directly in the files, then I can not upgrade anymore, but this seems to be the only way to have it all translated into my language. So what can I do ?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can translate the Visual Composer files using the plugin, Codestyling Localization. Is this what you are using currently?

Once Codestyling is installed, you can then translate your words manually if needs be. Find the plugin on Codestyling > Added a new language > Scan it > Created a .mo file > The plugin should be translated.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Tom please read what I wrote : I did use the plugin AND peodit, but all is not translated…so no solution ? We all have to learn English to use this theme and that’s it ?
    Sorry to be a bit rough, but I spent days on these problems, my boss is not happy, and there is apparently no solution…

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Mairie,

I will ask Andy about this again tomorrow as it should not be this difficult to translate VC. I will get back to you soon.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Mairie,

Please understand that the translation you’re attempting is not the theme, it’s the plugin Visual Composer. The theme translates absolutely fine and has been done many times.

Can you please provide your WP login details ( set to private reply ) and we’ll look into why the Codestyling Localization isn’t translating the Visual Composer plugin. If we can’t get it to translate, I’ll contact the Visual Composer guys and see what their preferred method of translating it is.

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Sorry, as already said, I can not give you access as this is an intranet, not an internet website.

I think the red bitton in the classical editor is a themeva feature, not a visual composer thing, and it does not translate at all. A few other things don’t translate either, excdept directly in the php files…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

What exact phrases are you trying to translate? I believe you mean the quick shortcodes – with the themeva logo? If so, do you mean the short code names that need to be translated? You unfortunately can’t translate the options, that’s just not possible.

However, if you mean just the names – I can try to add those to the translation field. Where else are you missing translation from?

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

Hello Tom,

In fact I would like to translate all that comes with these shortcodes. When you insert lets’s say, a button, then you have to retrieve some informations so as to choose the button options. all this is in English…

example with the button, this is what I get :

[button title=”my button” type=”linkbutton, droppanelbutton” color=”grey-lite, green, green-lite, blue, blue-lite” align=”aligncenter, alignleft or alignright” url=”#” target=”_self” el_class=”medium-text, big-text or leave blank”]

Really impossible to translate ? you mean even if I do it directly in the php files ??? How come ??

I know it looks easy to use for you, but most of us can’t speak English where I am working, And i am supposed to provide them with a very easy solution as authors know absoultly nothing about wp, or webmastering at large.

By the way, my name is cecile ! “mairie” means “townhall” in French. See the problems with using a language you know nothing about ?? 🙂

thanks for your help and attention

cecile

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Cecile,

It is part of the code, you cannot translate it. It just so happens that the code is in English. Very sorry for calling you that, we did not realise!

Kind regards,
    Tom

Mairie d’Arcueil
    Participant

but why can’t I translate it in the php files ? you just have to tell me in which files I’ll find the strings…

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

The above wouldn’t be translating, you would be re-writing the entire framework, for example droppanelbutton – listed above, if you translated that, you would have to re-write all the CSS, jQuery and PHP across multiple files and that’s just for that particular element, there are 100’s of files with 1000’s up 1000’s of lines of code within the theme that would require the same process.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.