Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / install from theme forest not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • James_s2k
    Participant

hi there

i have downloaded the new version of the theme from themeforest, however when i upload it to WordPress it says that it is missing the stylesheet.css. please help

Thanks

James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

There is no stylesheet.css – it may have been a temporary issue with ThemeForest. Can you try it again and let me know.

James_s2k
    Participant

hi there andy, i have tried again with a new download from themeforest.

I got this message after the upload install within wordpress

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

I dont understand as i am able to upload a older version of the theme and any other theme with no issues.

Any help would be awesome, I understand its new year 🙂

Happy new years to you all

Thanks again

James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

That’s very strange, I’ve checked the zip file the plugin uses and it definitely contains the style.css file.

A couple of things:

1. Can you FTP the theme instead?
    2. What version have you upgraded from?
    3. Are you using the latest version of the Envato plugin?

It maybe worth providing your WP login details to see what is happening.

Happy New Year!

James_s2k
    Participant

the version we are updating from is 3.1.2 as that is the version we have that works fine, although not fully with the new version of WordPress. we can perhaps try using the ftp install with perhaps some guidance from yourself if possible. within the new version, is there a search media function within the slide sets manager? and does wordpress/bpress notification page work? as it doesn’t for our version

currently we do not have permission to share any login details.

Many thanks

James

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi James,

There is no search for Slide Sets ( yet ) – however the BuddyPress integration has changed and see no reason why the notification page wouldn’t work now. Someone else had mentioned this and the new method now works.

I’d try FTP and replace the current version ( making a backup first ).

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

With regards to FTP – scroll down to the FTP section here:

http://themeva.com/docs/dynamix/theme-installation-updating/

James_s2k
    Participant

we have managed to get it working by merging the two versions together and allowing us to pick the best from both worlds as somethings have changed in the new version. however how do we go about changing the colour of the Last active button as it seems to be a dull green now. not a major issue i know but still be good if we can change it. looking forward to a search feature within the slide sets as this would make life so much easier.

Thanks Again

James

James_s2k
    Participant

Hi Andy
    also for some reason there seems to be a dot in front of some widgets placed around with VC, any ideas on why that is?

Cheers again

James

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi James,

What do you mean by you merged the themes? I recommend only using the latest install as merging them may cause issues. Do you have a link to the page you are talking about with the last active button on so I can take a further look? Also maybe a screenshot to show the VC dots?

Kind regards,
    Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.