Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Installation Hell HELP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • junglejinge
    Participant

Hi, I am having real problems witht he installation. I tried to install it the normal way as per your instructions and then the ftp way but every time I get internal server error, it completely crashes the site, but to look at, everything looks fine in the directory, apart from there isn't a +sign in front of the folder at the left hand side, it doesn't appear in the tree, but shows with all the other themes. I have followed the instructions using an ftp transfer program or client or whatever. I am not an expert though.

I use Bluehost, I contacted them too, they said to try renaming the htaccess file, which I have done, but that doesn’t work either. The only other thing that’s noticable is that after the install, all the theme folders should have a + in front of them. All of them do, apart from Dynamix, when I look in my host’s control panel at the root. Please can you tell me how to install it. I am using Core FTP LE. 

The files are definitely there, I can see them. On the left I have a document tree?? i.e. public_html/bradfordvibe/wp-content/themes/DynamiX but Dynamix doesn't appear, however, when I click on +themes there is a Dynamix Folder and I am able to double-click on it and view all the files within it. 

public_html/bradfordvibe/wp-content/themes/DynamiX

http://www.bradfordvibe.com

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/repeated-installation-problems?replies=6#post-2611563

junglejinge
    Participant

I have just tried it on a completely new domain, fresh install and exactly the same thing happens. 

junglejinge
    Participant

One thing I notice when I unzip it, is it says, there is a problem preventing this file from being encrypted. 

junglejinge
    Participant

I appear to have had success second time around on another domain. I zipped the same file again and this time it was a bigger file one was 493kb and the other was 5639 for some reason. I have done exactly the same thing – how strange. I will try again on the other domain. Thanks. 

junglejinge
    Participant

SUCCESS!! YIPEE. I hope not to be back. 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.