Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Invalid file or file size too big

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • Vince
    Participant

I’ve upgraded to the latest version of Dynamix and trying to restore my settings with the JSON file I backed up (only 147k in size) and I’m getting the error: Invalid file or file size too big

Help!

Thanks.

Hi @utopiastudios

What is the current upload limit in your server? If you are not sure with the value, you may create a file and save it as phpinfo.php. Here’s the code you need to use:

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
    phpinfo();

?>

phpinfo.php can be accessed in a browser so you should be able to see the value of the default upload max file then compare it to your JSON file size. If the default upload max file is lower then you will need to increase it.

Regards,

Vince
    Participant

The JSON file size is 147k – I can upload pics that are 100 times larger than that with no problem. Should the phpinfo file be in the root of the WP install or root of host? I haven’t been able to find it..

Hi @utopiastudios

You should place it inside the site root. Can you please specify how/where you are importing the file and send us login credentials to your site and the JSON file so we can also check and test it from our end?

Thanks!

Vince
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @utopiastudios

The file you sent is the phpinfo.php file not the JSON file. Please resend it to us so we can try importing for you.

Regards,

Vince
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Hi @utopiastudios

It looks like this is a bug on our theme as we have tested this on our test sites and we are seeing the same error. I have forwarded this to the developer and he is now looking into the issue. We will get back to you once this has been sorted out.

Regards,

Vince
    Participant

OK thank you. Do you still need access to my WP install or can I remove the login?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Vince.

You may remove the login, Vince. We will update you once this is fixed.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.