Home / Forums / ePix Support / iPad Landscape mode menu problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • parklane
    Participant

Hi, I have a small issue and I was wondering if there is a way to change it.

When I use an iPad or an Android mobile device and I put the device in Landscape mode the menu for my site stays at the top of the browser instead of moving to the left side of the browser. How can I change this?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

The menu is meant to be at the top of the page when on any device other than a desktop computer or laptop as the menu bar would take up far too much real estate on the screen, especially on a mobile device where there is limited screen space. This is why it is located at the top.

Hope this helps.
    Tom

parklane
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. While I can agree that on a Mobile device such as a phone the menu would take up a good amount of room on the left side, on a tablet such as an iPad, to me the menu looks better on the left side in landscape mode. Is there any way that the iPad could not be recognized as a mobile device so that it adheres to the same rules as a browser on a desktop computer when it comes to the menu placement?

Thanks,

Stephen

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

As this is a not a standard theme option and the majority of users want the menu to be at the top on a tablet device, this change will be classed as a customization. You can view the comprehensive Custom CSS screencast here, this will give you more information on how to customize elements. On the other hand, you can request customizations through the customization forum here.

Kind regards,
    Tom

parklane
    Participant

Ok, thank you very much Tom. I will look into that.

Stephen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.