Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Iphorms disappeared and partially broken after update to 3.1.2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
  • Peter
    Participant

Hello,

after upgrading to Dynamix 3.1.2 today I noticed that all of my forms made with the plugin “Iphorm” disappeared or others which have not disappeared have lost the correct layout an parts of the skin. Besids that the visible forms now have a big gap to the next element above. All of my Iphorm-forms are affected.

Here is an example for a disappeared form (it must appear at the end of the page directly above the footer):

http://www.finanzfinder24.de/versichern-und-vorsorgen/versicherungen-ohne-gesundheitspruefung/pflegetagegeld-ohne-gesundheitspruefung/

And an example for the flattered layout (in that case the forms additionally lost the arrow-image in all drop down fields):

http://www.finanzfinder24.de/versichern-und-vorsorgen/versicherungen-ohne-gesundheitspruefung/risikolebensversicherung-ohne-gesundheitspruefung/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

The plugin seems to have errors but there is some CSS that is hiding the form.

.iphorm-js .iphorm-has-logic {
    visibility: hidden;
    }

This is why it is not showing. You could force this open by putting in some custom CSS and setting it to visible.

.iphorm-js .iphorm-has-logic {
    visibility: visible !important;
    }

If you add the code to Appearance > Theme Options > Customize > Custom CSS field.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

thanks. Yes this helps to make the invisible forms visible again. Unfortunately the problem with the layout, the missing arrow of the dropdown fields and the big gap above each form keeps remaining.

Nevertheless something must have happened with the last Dynamix update because before everything was fine.

You wrote about errors in the iphorm-plugin. Can you tell me more about it. Then I can ask the iphorm guys to correct because this is not the first prob with Dynamix and iphorm.

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

my first thought was a mistake in Visual Composer. It seems to be the right track. There is a user of Iphorm and VC who wrote about the same prob in the comment area of the iphorm-plugin on codecanyon.

Here is a screenshot.

http://www.finanzfinder24.de/wp-content/uploads/iphorm-issue.png

VC within Dynamics has obviously the same problem – of course. Can you give a hint to the VC guys?

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

That would make sense if it’s been reported on the VC site. I updated to the latest version of the plugin. Are you inserting the iphorm into a text block? Have you tried inserting into a raw html box instead?

Peter
    Participant

I usualy use a text block. I tried to put the iphorm shortcode into a raw-html-block. No reaction. The form is not been shown (only the shortcode itself). As you ca see here:

http://www.finanzfinder24.de/test/

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Andy will investigate with the VC guys.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hi Tom,

there was an update of the visual composer meanwhile (07.10.). Do you know whether they worked on my problem?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will ask Andy about this and come back to you tomorrow morning.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

As far as we know it hasn’t’ but the new version will be in the latest update.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hello,

me again.

After Dynamix update to 3.2 and the new installation of the latest VC the prob still remains.

I even spent 30$ to buy a different form plugin hoping to get a plugin which will not be negativly affected by VC. But VC was stronger. Also the new plugin showed nearly the same problems like the old one. I do not want to buy a third or maybe a fourth plugin just to get working forms.

I wanted to contact the VC guy directly. But his support only works on his website after having opened an account. For that I must have a purchase code of VC (but I haven’t).

I am really frustrated.

Maybe you have an idea?

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

It is not visual composer that is overriding the styling, upon further inspection it is actually the form itself. No arrows will show as the CSS on the form is putting an image over it with no arrows on there. See the image here(it’s a 1x14px white image). It wont display any arrows because the image is white and is overriding the dynamix styling.

We have put some custom CSS in to fix the spacing but again, this is the actual form that is doing it, not VC or the theme. It doesn’t seem that well written. You can use this plugin to get rid of extra spacing within the form.

Failing all of that, if you provide us with FTP access we will change it.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for the response.

I really doubt about Quform is responsible for the problem. I have been using the plugin for more than 1 year. And no problems. One second after I did the Dynamix update to 3.1.2 – bang – the problem occured. And there was no Quform-update in that period.

The CCS you put in my custom area solves the spacing prob of a few field types, but not for all types as you can see on my test-page:

http://www.finanzfinder24.de/test/

I recognized an interesting thing. I have suchh a form in the drop-panel column 2. This form is in no way affected by the problem. All fields look like they have to. When I put the same form into my above mentioned test-page (the second form on that page) then we see that the field labels and the input fields are no longer on the same line and the image of the dropdown-field is no longer visible.

I went to the support page of the Quform guys and found that:

http://support.themecatcher.net/quform-wordpress/troubleshooting/common-problems/extra-spacing-in-the-form

Maybe we can solve the prob with this informations? By the way. The described solutions under #1 and #2 I have already tested with no results. The form shortcode is always wrapped into <p>-tags. When I remove them or when I try to substitute them with <raw>-tags and save the page WP removes my changes immediately.
    Even the installation of the plugin you recommended me, does not change this bad behaviour.

Kind regards,

Peter

Tom ( Support)
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

I have found a fix but it is a little long winded, but it will work. It will strip out everything else and insert it as raw HTML.

Edit a page > Add in the element WP Text > Save it > Switch to Classic Editor > Text > Locate [vc_wp_text][/vc_column] and add in your form shortcode in the middle.
    Switch to the Visual tab > Visual Composer > Save page.

This should then show the forms properly. If you are unsure about the above, go to your test page and take a look at the code I have added.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Tom

Peter
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick answer and your patience. Yes this works perfectly. 5 star support.
    Is this just a workaround for a while until a future Dynamix update or a solution for the long distance?

Kind regards,
    Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.