Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Is it possible to have a custom Stage Gallery (header) on all Blog pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • newmediasoup
    Participant

I'd like the Blog Detail Pages and Archives to all show a nice and large "Stage Gallery" just like I have in my custom "Blog- Main/Home Page".

Is this something I can do in the templates?

I'm struggling to figure this out.

Basically, I'd like to have a series of Stage Galleries that are always in the Header (or even just one master header animation) but maybe different based on the category they are in if possible.

Then, when you click through to the full blog post, I want this large header Stage Gallery to show up as well. (above the Twitter and the Post HTML. Currently, it just goes to a text/only blog detail.

I don't want to have to add a shortcode gallery to each post to get a default Header Gallery to show.

Can the Blog detail pages /Archive pages be modified to look like the Blog template?

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

Unfortuately no they can't – they are static pages and the only way todo it would be to edit the archive.php and index.php pages and place the HTML in there. 

newmediasoup
    Participant

Andy,

Thanks for the response.

Is there any dynamic code I could pull from the blog.php template to insert into the archive.php and index.php pages, so the header could be hard coded to a dynamic ID?

Thanks!

Joel

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Joel,

You might be able to place a shortcode into the index.php or archive.php pages. e.g. adding your shortcode within do_shortcode function and place where you want on the index or archive. 

<?php do_shortcode('[your_gallery_shortcode with_settings]'); ?>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.