Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Is it possible to render a page with featured header image like portfolios?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • mbw-account
    Participant

Hi,

As I’m designing a complex site with dynamic and static content involved I’d really like to create static navigation tree which is mapped 1:1 to the main menu. This is how normal static pages behave with top breadcrumb navigation.

I can setup a featured image for pages like for posts but i can’t find any template settings to make the featured image appear on the pages like the featured images do appear on the posts. If i use posts instead of static pages it seem to mess the breadcrumb navigation as it starts pointing to categories.

I could work around this by adding the same image as the featured image using visual composer to the page content but that creates two problems:
    1. If the featured image is changed the component image has to be changed as well
    2. I can’t seem to get any visual composer image components to stretch the image to fill the space like post header images do

I played around with portfolios a bit and they render EXACTLY how I’d like a static page to render. Unfortunately portfolios have limited uses and they cannot be put to navigation menus and the portfolios also mess the breadcrum navigation unfortunately.

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by  mbw-account.
    Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Visual Composer now has the option to set a “Single Image” element > Data Source to the Featured Image, so that used.

I’m not sure what you mean by the image stretching like the post header images do, do you have an example of this?

You can screenshot it, upload the theme image to your media library and post the link to the screenshot here.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.