Home / Forums / DynamiX Support / Is there a maximum number of images that Dynamix Gallery Slide Set will accommodate?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Paul Kunkel
    Participant

Andy:

Is there a maximum number of images that can be accommodated in a single Gallery Slide Set?  Twenty or 25 images in a single Gallery Slide Set seems to work fine. But more than 25 images usually fails when I attempt to “Save Slide Set”. And following the failure to “Save Slide Set” with more than 25 images, the Slide Set remains in the ‘Select Slide Set” drop down menu at the top of the page , but I cannot regain access to the slide set itself. Hence I cannot delete it.  I would like to delete these “dead and_currently_not_deletable” gallery slide sets from the  ‘Select Slide Set” drop down menu. I would also like to KNOW whether  there is an effective maximum number of images that can be assembled in a single Gallery Slide Set.  Thanks for your fine work.

Paul Kunkel
    Participant

I just discovered the possible source of the problem; there IS a maximum number of characters that one can use when naming a Gallery Slide Set before the database goes haywire.

A Gallery Slide Set with fifty seven characters in the name will not save properly (I just made three attempts, three failures), and that very long 57-character name will remain in the ’Select Slide Set” drop down menu, not possible to access or delete.

The longest Gallery Slide Set name that has saved properly for me (just a moment ago) has forty seven characters.

And that Slide Set has 35 slides (which is the largest number I have assembled in a single Slide Set to date). And all is fine with that particular Slide Set.  So the issue is not that a maximum number of images can be accommodated in the Slide Set. Instead, there is a maximum number of characters that can be used when naming a Slide Set. And that maximum number of characters appears to be 47, or perhaps one or two more.

Andy
    Andy
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

It’s best to keep the slide set names simple e.g. home_images_one

And yes there is a limit, but it can depend, I’ve found the best method is to stick to about 20 slides each set and then you can combine them for the gallery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.